Sunday, November 6, 2016

Jul 18, 2016 - Summer is back with a Vengance

Well it's officially the hot season here. It's getting up into the 90's constantly so thats been fun! My tan is looking better than ever!

This week was basically a week of building. We got to know all the members better and have really started making some key relationships here. We had our awesome family home evening as a branch and our 3 faithful members showed up! It was a new experience for me having so litte people so our goal for this week will be to get way more people there!

I was called as the branch executive secretary. So now I know all the tithing and what not haha it'll look good on my church resumé.  But other  than that we are just trying to fill up our teaching pool and its been unusally difficult. I just think to myself that the miracles come after the trial of our faith! So yeah hopefully the trial doesnt last too much longer haha

This week I was reading in a Liahona about forgiveness and I really liked a quote I found. President faust put this way. “Forgiveness is freeing upand putting to better use the energy once consumed by holding grudges, harboring resentments, and nursing unhealed wounds. It is rediscovering the strengths we always had and relocating our limitless capacity to understand and accept other people and ourselves." So may we all forgive easier and understand better. That's my 2 cents. Love ya'll! Have a great week!

--

Elder Powell

No comments:

Post a Comment