Monday, December 5, 2016

Nov 7, 2016 - The Truth Will Set You Free

Well this week the truth set me free!

We have been told by our Mission President to really focus on less-actives in this area. We have a branch list of 100 people with a frequency of about 10. Yeah its been a tough couple years for this place. So we have been beefing up our less active visits this week. We visited this one brother who stopped coming about a year ago and was almost branch president! My comp was fed up with his excuses for never showing up for church so he pulled out John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Reading this we told him that he needs to just accept the fact that he is breaking a commandment and he needs to come to church. We know it and he knows it and he needs to be made free. He was really taken aback. I was afraid he would get even more offended but when done with the certain authority the truth needs to be said. He accepted it so humbly and realized he needed to change his life! It was a powerful lesson. 

Now I'm sure you're waiting for the awesome ending where he came to church and bore his testimony. He still flaked out and didnt show up but during that lesson I think I needed to hear that more than he did. I realized that I needed to accept the truth with some of my thought and habits and I needed to change just as much as he did. Maybe not with the same things but I definitely had a truth will set you free moment. I love how as a missionary I have the opportunity to learn as much as those I teach! So I guess my cry to you is to all stop making excuses, embrace and face the truth and change the things you need to change! Amen. (:

Well other than that, by this time next week we will have a new President Elect! Everyone needs to fulfill their duty and vote! And P.S. congrats to the CUBS!! Never thought I would see it done!

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment