Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Feb. 15, 2016 - Rain Rain Go Away

So right not there are 7 counties in Portugal on Red Alert because of the crazy storm thats passing through portugal. And my county is one of them! I have never seen such high winds before! The rain has been causing flooding all over the place. Its been pretty dang cold so hail has been mixed in there too. BUT we keep working!

I'm not sure if I've mentioned Inês but we've been working a lot with her! She's 13 and is the cousin of a really cool member! We found her on the street, found out who she was and invited her to church! And she came! This was 2 weeks ago and now we're preparing for her baptism for the 27th! Shes super humble, super prepared and we're pretty excited! At first we were just teaching her but then Saturday we decided to invite the whole family to hear the lesson too. And they all accepted! Her older brother, mom and cousin! It was super cool! 

2 things that have really helped me this week. First I was listening to a conference talk from Oct 2015 (sorry I dont remember who. I know it was a 70.) anyway he said a quote that was awesome! He said "We don't have to be perfect, but we have to be good and getting better!" It struck my heart. Sometimes we, especially me as a missionary, think we have to be perfect in everything. The language. Teaching. Etc. But that's not what God planned. He knew we would be imperfect. But he expects us to always be getting better. Life isnt a race to the finish line BUT we Always have to be moving in the right direction. Even if it is a slow walk.

Then I found D&C 1:23  That the fulness of my gospel might be proclaimed by the weak and the simple unto the ends of the world, and before kings and rulers What a promise! God has always used the weak and simple to bring to pass this great work! Really comforting.

Anyway have a great week! And this is a picture of My comp, me, Inês, and our Brazilian YW Prez Claudia! I know its kind of an awkward photo but oh well haha love ya'll!


No comments:

Post a Comment