Monday, November 23, 2015

Nov 23, 2015 - Lucky Number 8

Well today is the start of my 8th transfer here in the cold but beautiful Portugal! I am staying here in Póvoa de Varzim with my comp Elder cox but the other area in our district got replaced my sisters! So now I'm DL over my comp and the sisters. Its going to be a sweet transfer!

Afonso is still doing awesome! He said we have to move the baptism back a week due to his work schedule so now its planned for the 6th of December! But better late than never! 

We got a sweet new microwave!! Our food is going to be so evenly warmed up now!

On Sunday morning before church started the bishop told me that maybe I would have to give a talk in sacrament because the person assigned might not show up. But to my relief he showed up, so during the sacrament I was all calm feeling the spirit when all of a sudden he walks out of the chapel. I look over at his wife, then at the bishop and I didnt know what was happening. So the bishop stands up and announces that I am the first speaker. Haha awesome. So yes I literally wrote my talk as I walked from my seat, to the pulpit. I talked about Captain Moroni and how we have to defend the things that matter most in our lives and then talked about Grandpa and how he literally fought for his freedom and I tried to organize it all into a talk. i thought it turned out good for how much time I had to prepare. Just one more skill missionaries learn. Writing talks in less than 30 seconds:D

But this week was a pretty slow week. The mission has really taught me to enjoy the simple things in life. A good personal study of the scriptures. A friendly conversation with someone who actually wants to talk to you. A nice cup of Hot chocolate. A good conference talk. Not everything you do is exciting and life changing but its the small things that count.
D&C 64:33 Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.

Love you all and I hope you have a marvelous Thanksgiving and eat lots of turkey for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment