Monday, November 23, 2015

Nov 16, 2015 - Afonso!

Well Afonso finally agreed to baptism!! We had a lesson where we finally just said "Look man. What are you waiting for? You know the doctrine. You know the ward. You've felt the spirit. You know this is all true. YOU'RE READY FOR BAPTISM." And he said yeah I am! So the last Sunday of November he'll finally be baptized! We're pumped and the ward is all so excited! :D

We had stake conference yesterday and it was such a good meeting! I'm back in my first stake so it was cool to see all my friends and members from my first area! But the stake president spoke on small and simple things and it was funny he had every woman stand up that had been told "I love you" from her husband that morning and only about half of the married women stood up. And it was a good reminder that yes the little things matter every day!

Then mission president spoke about the Sabbath day and kinda handed out some faca to the stake and read straight from the handbook about how to do meetings well and what we should be doing at church. It was good!

Then the Madrid Temple president spoke and he gave an amazing talk about how important temples are and how the plan of salvation is a perfect plan and how merciful God is to have made a plan for us like that.

Then Elder Moreira, of the 70, spoke about the importance of the temple some more then focused a lot on patriarchal blessings. It was really cool. I understood everything the Madrid temple president said:D But the stake was just about the size of my ward at home. Weird to see the contrast but good to know its still the same doctrine and spirit. 

Well thats about it. Awesome week that was full of the spirit and now we are gonna be pretty busy keeping Afonso firm until the 29th and preparing his baptism! I love you all and always remember the little things in life!

p.s. this is me having a samuel the lamanite moment :D


No comments:

Post a Comment